In today’s digital era, organizations from different sectors have started adopting latest technologies to effectively train their workforce. The fast pace of technological innovation imparts new opportunities, thereby reshaping the social context of learning at workplace. Digital learning is an emerging trend adopted for modern learners who are spread across different locations. With an ease to access online courses via Learning Management Systems (LMSs), employees can learn at their own pace, anytime and anywhere. The availability of courses as per your tailored needs leads to higher employee engagement and retention over traditional classroom approach.
Today, e-commerce domain is growing exponentially led by the increasing use of personalized mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. The need for e-commerce to deliver effective e-learning solutions is increasing as more organizations are:
● Shifting from tedious face-to-face classroom sessions to online learning platforms.
● Blending the conventional training approach with e-learning.
● Have an e-learning component to deliver personalized experiences, for learners, trainers as well as organizations.
The need to deliver customized courses for a large number of employees over a common learning platform is increasing. In such cases, a robust e-commerce system is linked to online LMS to facilitate learning and boost workplace productivity. In today’s modern scenario, training process can be simplified through successful online payments and learners can be enrolled automatically. This results in numerous benefits:
● No manual process is required for organizations to deliver training at workplace. It is completely automated so that once the payment is successful, learners can immediately access courses of their choice.
● Learners can use ‘Single Sign-On’ option from the e-commerce system into the LMS. This helps to mitigate the chances of providing password details as it is not essential to issue login credentials to every individual.
● Different courses can be combined to buy a single product, either to cater to learning needs of different sectors or offer discounts to encourage access to non-mandatory courses.
● Data analysis reports can be generated through e-commerce systems to assess individual’s performance.
In the realm of adopting e-commerce strategies, it is important to focus on investment made on the time and resources required for training. Good customer support is crucial for the success of online content delivery. Today, e-learning via web provides optimum social interaction, proving to be an ideal platform to share new ideas, engage more and improve performance. Learners are provided with multiple learning paths depending on their customized needs so that they can attain the competitive edge in the ever-evolving market conditions.