Custom e-learning solutions have been increasingly popular over the last decade. With advances in communication and development technology in the e-learning industry, using technology for learning has become not only affordable, but also more available. A variety of custom e-learning solutions can be developed to suit the learning objectives well and align to the needs or learning preferences of the intended audience.
But how do organizations choose the best out of the many varied facets of technology-aided learning? E-learning solutions have to fit the corporate culture and strategy to derive positive business results and achieve Return on Investments (ROI).
A few tips to ensure the success of e-learning solutions:
- When working with available content, the first step is often to redesign the content to suit the strengths and benefits of the technology-enabled platform. It is wise to consider that lot of them may not have exposure to computer-led trainings. Keeping the language simple and inserting strategies like generic themes and easily-recognizable figures can help the learners connect more with the course content.
- It is tedious to read a lot of text online, so the textual content should be kept minimal. Instead, a lot of graphics can be utilized to impart knowledge. Audio voiceover can compensate for the minimalistic onscreen text, which makes the course easier to consume and retain for the learner. It is best to create courses that are no more than 15–30 minutes long, and which- mainly consist of graphics, animations and audio.
- In addition to the e-content, it is also a popular strategy to include downloadable offline learning material that summarizes the main learning of the course. This allows the learners to study offline and refresh the main learning from the course, without going through the course all over again.
- Most organizations are now widely spread. Taking the regional diversity into consideration, the learning solutions can also be localized into regional languages and all cultural references should be neutral in nature – to ensure that the learners from all regions can relate and understand the e-content well.
- The structure of an e-course also contributes to its success. A simple structure ensures that the learners are able to maneuver their way easily through the course. The course can be made easily-accessible and easily-consumable by making sure that the number of clicks is reduced. Efficient developers include only purposeful clicks – giving the learner more time to concentrate on the course content, rather than the details of navigation.
the learning initiative is as important as launching it. E-Mailers, banners or other promotional
messages should be circulated among the learner group before the launch of
the e-learning solution – to make sure that the learners’ interest is
aroused and they are prepared for the learning opportunity.
The ways to ensure business success of a custom e-learning solution should take into consideration the needs of the organization as well as those of the learners. While taking into account the available budgets, it is also important to make sure that the budgets are utilized into creating e-learning, which suits the end audience and empowers them to do their work better.